Many businesses are constantly seeking ways to interact with and attract new customers. Their joint objective is to reach a wider audience. To do so, communication is key.
There are many ways for businesses to communicate with their audience, either by email, social media, or adverts, but the most beneficial marketing method, that is often overlooked, is SMS (text messages). Currently, SMS is typically utilized for personal communication, but it has proved to be an important marketing method that helps boost businesses in today’s mobile-centered society.
In 2021, up to 3.8 billion people own smartphones and 60% of them read their text messages within 1-5 minutes of receiving them. These statistics confirm the higher chances of your business reaching recipients quicker than other methods.
Let us introduce to you the 6 advantages of utilizing SMS as a marketing tool.
But first, what is SMS Marketing?
SMS stands for Short Message Service and SMS marketing, sometimes known as text message marketing, is when you send text messages for marketing purposes, such as promotional campaigns or new updates and offers from your business. Utilizing this type of marketing tool helps you reach your targeted audience efficiently unlike emails and social media.
Statistics reveal that SMS marketing campaigns have a 98% open rate compared to email with only 20%. This is due to text messages being a more direct route to customers making it more likely for the messages to be seen, unlike emails on the other hand which have an average of 90 minutes till being opened. Moreover, SMS marketing can be used to engage with existing customers in addition to reaching out to new ones.
6 Advantages of SMS Marketing:
– Fast and effective: SMS marketing helps you communicate with a large number of people at once. There is little to no prepping, all you need is to write something short and sweet to capture the reader’s attention. 62% of businesses agree that this is one of the major advantages of SMS marketing, and with texts being opened far more quickly than emails, you can be certain your customers will see your message as soon as they receive them.
– Cost–effective: Bulk SMS marketing is inexpensive, especially when compared to other marketing tools, it’s considered much more affordable. It is a great option for small businesses that are looking for a way to start advertising without making a dent financially.
– Increase in customer engagement: Communication is essential to maintain any customer-business relationship. When it comes to strengthening these bonds with your customers, SMS marketing can be truly beneficial. Sending updates and offers via text message is more personal than email. 45% of people revealed they would be more encouraged to associate with a brand after receiving an SMS and 80% would prefer to receive offers via text message, but unfortunately, 7 in 10 consumers don’t receive promotional text messages despite their desire to. This is why communicating with your audience is important to understand their needs and preferences.
– Its ability to integrate with other marketing tools: An additional benefit to SMS marketing, is the ability to integrate it with marketing emails or social media. For example, you can send out a text as a reminder for your recipient to check out the latest update on the business’s social media account or to hurry and sign up for the newsletter sent to their email. This can benefit both small and large businesses.
– Customers can easily Opt-in and Opt-out: Everyone agrees on the annoyance of spam messages. So, it is always the better choice to provide the option of opting-out to your customers. Also, when sending the updates and promotions on SMS, it’s best to give the option if they want to opt-in. That way you’re creating a better relationship with your customer instead of being a nuisance. In 2020, 48.7 million customers chose to opt-in to receive marketing texts from businesses, and this feature could help you understand your customers better and improve your future marketing moves.
– Helps build a loyal customer base: Through text messages, you have the option to engage with your recipient and make them feel prioritized by sending them offers and the latest updates which help in starting a loyal and trusted relationship. A useful tip is to create a list of customers who highly engage with your brand and inform them that they are one of your valuable clients who will be the first to receive updates and offers. Eventually, you will gain a loyal base of customers who might go on and recommend you to others.
To be successful and have a large audience base that interacts with your business, you have to cater to their needs and to do so, communication is key. There are many ways to communicate with your audience, but SMS marketing has proved to be the most beneficial method to use. A messaging gateway is the best way to seamlessly operate all communication methods and we at cerebra offer you LinQ2 to enhance your business’s platform.
Advance in the way you Communicate!
Share this article:
Cerebra is participating at GISEC 2023
We are thrilled to announce that we are going to GISEC 2023 and would like you to join us! Visit Cerebra at GISEC 2023 Hall #4 stand SP62 in Dubai World Trade Center from 14-16 March. GISEC Global is the leading gathering ground for the cybersecurity community worldwide. Top cybersecurity enterprises from 40 countries, CISOs from major corporations across the Middle East, Africa & Asia, government dignitaries and cyber leaders, regional and international innovators, and global experts collaborated to lead cybersecurity transformations across sectors and nations decisively. See You There! Click here to register for GISEC Visitor Pass.13th Mar 2023
6 Tips on How To Have A Strong Password
To have more security on your information, protecting it from any cyber-attacks, we recommend that the password be changed frequently and contain one or more of these tips. Use upper and lower case letters and numbers and unique character, for example: [email protected]$sw0rd Avoid using your personal information, such as the first letters of your name or date of birth on your password, for example Me1990. Do not use sequential letters and numbers on your password, for example: Abcd1234. Try to make your password more than ten letters. Use different passwords on several websites and applications. Use multi-factor authentication 2FA/MFA ...1st Feb 2023
One out of four employees fall for phishing attacks
According to insights from our leading Phishing simulation tool PhishGuard, 58% of users in Saudi Arabia have opened at least one phishing email. These insights reveal that at least one out of four employees have interacted with a phishing email, either by clicking on a link or downloading a malicious attachment. In some cases, employees have gone further and submitted their personal information after clicking on the phishing link which had redirected them to a fake page. “Phishing is a quite common entry point for the most successful attacks. Attackers are getting smarter; they now monitor social media activities to ...26th Oct 2022
LinQ2’s Participation at CITC’s Digital Technology Forum 2022
We are happy to announce that our product LinQ2, has been chosen to participate in CITC’s annual Digital Technology Forum, in addition to being nominated for the Top Technical Product award. The theme of this year’s forum is “Enabling Local Technology Products“. The Communication & Information Technology Commission (CITC) has recognized our efforts and achievements with our enterprise messaging gateway LinQ2. As our product can seamlessly and securely process messages from and to applications and systems, as well as have the ability to integrate with different channels and connection options. We at Cerebra continuously strive to become one of the ...20th Oct 2022
Uber Suffered a Security Breach Due to an 18-year-old Hacker
Uber recently experienced a cyberattack where an 18-year-old hacker accessed their systems by launching a successful social engineering attack on an employee. The hacker used stolen employee credentials to launch an MFA (Multi-Factor authentication) Fatigue attack. It is an attack where a victim receives multiple requests from their MFA application till it bothers them out leading them to eventually accept the request. The teenage attacker did not disclose how he was able to gain the Uber employee password. After using the stolen credentials, he sent multiple MFA requests for over an hour to the employee and then messaged them impersonating ...20th Sep 2022
What is the role of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? | ECC & SAMA Compliance
With the world of cyber threats becoming more intense than ever, organizations need to comprehend the need for an improved cybersecurity framework. The universal goal is to protect the organization’s network from any outsider or insider threats, especially with the addition of remote work resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Not to mention the recent rise in online fraud, which largely stems from phishing attacks in financial and e-commerce transactions. Being dependent solely on usernames and passwords to secure access and data is outdated, as 61% of organizations’ data breaches were a result of stolen employee credentials. Traditional methods are not ...29th Aug 2022
5 Benefits of Using AI in Cybersecurity | Artificial Intelligence
The next step to level up in protecting your business’s IT infrastructure is to integrate artificial intelligence. Studies have revealed that AI will strengthen the wall between systems and cyber threats. According to an IBM report, the average total cost of a data breach increased in 2021 from $3.86 million to $4.24 million. Cybercriminals are becoming more sophisticated and advanced in their attacks resulting in this significant rise in cost. They are elevating their approaches through intensified phishing, and ransomware attacks against the human layer of an organization, who are the weakest link in cyber defense and are responsible for 14% ...23rd Aug 2022
Current Trends in SMS Phishing (Smishing) Attacks | 2022
Did you know that there are 6.648 billion (83.72%) people worldwide who own a mobile phone and in Saudi Arabia alone, 97.5% of its society owns one? Also, did you know that the average time people spend on their phones is 3 hours and 43 minutes? With most of the world connected to their mobile phones on a daily basis, this incited cyber criminals to level up their SMS phishing attacks. It’s no wonder that the number of smishing attacks has increased in the last couple of years. In 2021, 74% of enterprises were targeted by smishing attacks, a 13% ...5th Jul 2022
The 6 Colors of Hacker Hats | Explained
When the word hacker or hacking is mentioned, a universal definition pops into mind. A hacker is known to be a cybercriminal who inflicts chaos on their victims by breaching, stealing, or damaging online systems and data. This is just one part of what the word hacking withholds. And contrary to popular belief, hacking is a broad and diversified category that is misunderstood. The dependency on storing data electronically, as computers have taken over a large part of our life, results in the increased risk of data theft and becoming suspectable to hacking accidents. So, learning more about the ...5th Jun 2022